Age-appropriate phonics for secondary schools
Our whole school package includes:
That Reading Thing - an age-appropriate linguistic phonics programme
- TRT was created for teenagers reading below chronological age.
- It is used around the world with teens and adults in a variety of settings.
- This training is for staff who can work one-to-one.
- The tutor course is all online and accessible in your own time,
- It requires about 8 hours to complete.
- Student sessions are delivered face-to-face for an hour per week but timing is flexible.
- The £160 cost per tutor includes all resources for working one-to-one.
Spelling CPD - an introduction to phonics for high school
Over 3 hours (including follow-up) we will introduce your whole staff to:
- the principles of linguistic phonics and why they still matter in secondary school
- how to use age-appropriate phonics across the secondary curriculum
- syllables, sounds, graphemes and morphemes and how to use them to improve spelling and expand vocabulary
- ideas for both planned and incidental spelling lessons.
Follow-up includes a walk-through of resources curated for your school.